Isotherm Installation Guid
Step by Step Guide
- Measure accurately. Measure the distance between the roof beams or roof trusses and then select the correct roll of ISOTHERM.
- Trim ISOTHERM to specific sizes before entering the roof space. This is easily done – tear or cut it with a pair of industrial scissors or shears.
- Do not walk on the ceiling boards. Take care to only walk on crossbeams, truss ties or balancing boards.
- Position ISOTHERM correctly. Place ISOTHERM above and in close contact with the ceiling; fit snugly between the roof beams and trusses.
- Ensure continuous insulation. Carefully butt the ends of the rolls or lap to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Allow a 150mm gap around flue pipes, ceiling fans and recessed lights.
- Wrap ISOTHERM around geysers and water pipes for further energy saving. Continue this installation process until the ceilings are completely insulated.
- Do not block ventilation points with insulation. This includes eaves gaps and air bricks at gable ends. Keep clear to ensure that the airflow is maintained.
- Do not waste off-cuts. Use them wisely – fill in gaps, crevices and corners.
- Do not put ISOTHERM in direct contact with metal chimney fabrications or flues passing through the loft space.
- Do not forget to insulate under the geyser and above the trap door.