Starlite® consists of flexible rolls of insulation manufactured from high quality non-combustible glass mineral fibre using an inert
thermosetting binder to form a product which is light-weight, strong, resilient, safe and highly thermally efficient.
Starlite® is supplied as a plain blanket for ceiling applications, or faced with a variety of scrim re-inforced facings being aluminium
foil or white coated aluminium foil for industrial and steel roof applications. Starlite® is used for thermal and acoustic applications
in roofs, walls and ceilings of all types of buildings and has a working temperature of up to 230°C.
Standard width: 1200mm
Standard Thicknesses available: 50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 135mm
Length available: Various
•Completely non-combustible, Starlite® is one of the very few insulation materials in South Africa to achieve an A1 fire rating
according to the new SANS 428 fire regulations.
•Eco friendly “green” product, Starlite® is free of CFC’s, HCFC’s and is not produced with any blowing agents ensuring it has
zero Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP).
•Highly thermally efficient, Starlite® has a Thermal Conductivity (K-Value) of 0.039 W/m.K.
• Excellent acoustic properties, Starlite® has a Noise Reduction Co-efficient (NRC-Value) of 0.70 at 50mm thickness.
• Starlite® is chemically inert and will not cause or accelerate corrosion of steel, stainless steel, aluminium or copper due to its specific inorganic and mineral composition.
• Starlite® is non-hygroscopic and will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria nor sustain vermin.
• Starlite® helps prevent condensation and is suitable for high humidity applications.
• Starlite® will provide long term energy savings, is maintenance free, and will not readily age providing exceptional product life.
• Starlite® offers one of the best comfort–to-cost ratios on the market.
Fire Performances :
Starlite® was the first faced fibre roof insulation material in South Africa to attain an A1 fire rating according to SANS 428
(Fire Performance classification of thermal insulated building envelope systems) as part of SANS 10400 of the National
• Combustibility – Class A (Non-combustible)
• Surface Fire Properties – Class 1 (No Flame Spread)
• Use of Materials – Class 1 (No limitations, suitable for all occupancy classes of buildings)
• Material Application – H&V (Horizontal and Vertical)